Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Natural Dishwasher Soap

I don't have the greatest dishwasher - it's one of the cheaper lots - and some of the natural dishwasher detergents I've bought have not fully cleaned my dishes, so I was wary when I found this recipe on Pinterest. But I tried it and it really does work! I have citric acid on hand for making bath bombs/fizzies that I order from a soap supplier, however I've read some blogs that say Lemi Shine (found in the dish detergent aisle) is simply citric acid scented with lemon. (Lemi Shine in photo). 


Ingredients:
1 cup of Borax
1 cup of Washing Soda (not baking soda)
1 cup of citric acid (or use Lemi Shine found on dish detergent aisle)
1/2 cup of salt


Mix all together. Fill you dishwasher cap full. Also I use vinegar for the rinse. 




No comments:

Post a Comment