Search This Blog

Sunday, March 11, 2012

Ylang Ylang Rose Tub Fizzies

As much as I would love to take more baths, it seems like a luxury I don't always have time for....And I don't like to waste water all the time by filling up my tub. My tub fizzies usually end up being "foot tub fizzies." You can also use these as "shower fizzies" by placing one in the shower and breathing in the aromatherapy. I was inspired by this recipe from Anne-Marie at SoapQueen.com. 



Equipment:
  • A mold. I used a silicone mold with heart shapes. 
  • Large glass measuring cup
  • Spray bottle

Ingredients:
  • 1 lb. of citric acid (found in some grocery stores in the canning aisle. I order from BrambleBerry.com)
  • 2 lbs. of baking soda
  • 1/4 oz. of Rose Otto Essential oil
  • 1/4 oz. of Ylang Ylang essential oil
  • Handful of dried rose petals
  • Witch hazel
To make:
  • Measure the citric acid and baking soda in your glass measuring cup. Mix thoroughly, removing any clumps.
  • Add the rose petals
  • Pour some witch hazel (you won't need much) in the spray bottle.
  • Spritz the mixture with the witch hazel. Just enough to dampen and be able to form into mold. Too much witch hazel, and the solution will begin to fizz. 
  • Add the rose otto and ylang ylang essential oils; mix well.
  • Press the mixture into the molds, packing tightly.
  • Allow to air dry overnight
  • Carefully pop out of the molds

They are now ready to use. Drop in the tub or foot bath for softening skin and feet. Or drop in the shower, and breathe the scents. 


No comments:

Post a Comment